Looking for high quality, family friendly, cultural entertainment?
- TECHNICAL SKILL: to impress audiences with amazing movements and control
- AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT: your guests will be captivated and get involved
- STUNNING APPEARANCE: a slim but curvy feminine physique, costumes to die for
- PROFESSIONALISM AND EXPERIENCE: making your entertainment easy to organise
“An outstanding performance! Rachel added excitement to the event and engaged us all with her unique dance style and energy. She is one of the best belly dancers we have had the pleasure of working with. We are pleased to highly recommend her and we look forward to working with her in the future.” – Rania, Australian Lebanese Association of NSW
Rachel is currently one of the most respected belly dancers in Sydney, in demand for performances at restaurants and events as well as to teach classes and workshops around the country. With years of training from top teachers in Australia and Egypt, she is a polished, dynamic and versatile performer who has a diverse repertoire and a passion for engaging her audience. Her rich understanding of the dance, its culture and music shine through, and she is skilled in many styles of Middle Eastern dance as well as in the use of all the typical bellydancer props (finger cymbals / zil / sagat, veil, wings, stick / cane /assaya), and much more. Bellydance performances by Rachel are tailored to you and your event. Choose from Egyptian, Lebanese, Turkish, Greek or Persian flavour – and she can even throw in some Bollywood on request. Rachel is experienced, professional and easy to work with, as the testimonials show.
You can see Rachel belly dancing most Saturday nights 8pm at Kazbah Darling Harbour, and Fridays 9.30pm at Downtown Bar and Grill Lebanese restaurant in Pendle Hill. She keeps her other time free for performances at private functions such as yours: wedding, birthdays, corporate events and more. She is also available for regular bookings at restaurants on Friday evenings.
Award Winning Dancer:
- Selected from 90 applicants worldwide to be in the cast for Bellydance Evolution in Australia – an international production featuring star bellydancers from the USA – for a spectacular theatre show in March 2014.
- Winner of the People’s Choice Award in the 2010 Australian Bellydance Competition, judged by famous Egyptian Belly Dancer Dina.
- The 2006 Amera’s Palace Award recognised the consistently positive feedback given by customers, who commented on Rachel’s performance skill, professional manner, polished appearance and quality Egyptian costumes, happy and bubbly personality, and ability to make every party a success. The award also acknowledged Rachel’s commitment to the dance and respect for the culture, and her efforts in continually developing her skills by visiting Egypt to learn from the world’s top belly dancers, and attending master workshops with visiting teachers.
- In 2003, she received 3rd place in the first Australian Belly Dance Competition. Not bad for someone just starting out in her professional bellydance career!
Rachel has been invited to perform and teach at events around Australia and in New Zealand. As well as performing solo, Rachel also works with some of Sydney’s other best bellydancers to create duet, trio and even larger group shows for corporate events and weddings. She has appeared on television multiple times, including on Channel 9’s Today show.
Rachel runs one of Sydney’s fastest growing belly dancing schools, Inspire! Bellydance, with classes in several locations around Sydney.
Rachel is passionate about sharing the joy of dance! That’s why she has established classes in Sydney’s CBD, North Shore, Eastern Suburbs, Inner West and southern suburbs – so that wherever you are, you can have the opportunity to learn. If you’re inspired to give it a go, please get in touch.
She teaches regularly at bellydance festivals throughout Australia including Perth, Melbourne and Queensland as well as New Zealand.
Rachel is continually developing her own artistry as well as working to improve the perception of Middle Eastern Dance in Australia. In addition to teaching classes and mentoring up-and-coming teachers and performers, she teaches workshops and performs at dance festivals around Australia and beyond. Meanwhile, Rachel continues to train both locally and overseas with the world’s top teachers. She was a long-term member of the Hathor Dance Theatre, a contemporary company focussing on high-level Bellydance and World Fusion; and continues to be a high profile, active member of Farrah ~ The Egyptian Dance Artists, an association dedicated to presenting a range of traditional and modern Egyptian dance forms. In addition, Rachel has extended her performance skills by training in acting and improvisation.
Not just belly dancing… Take a tour of the world in dance!
Need a multicultural dance show? Rachel is able to incorporate not just a wide range of Arabic, Persian, Greek and Turkish cultural dances but also elements of Bollywood, Samba, Salsa, Argentine Tango, and even West African dance into her shows on request. And of course it comes with matching costuming.
Middle Eastern people are often surprised that an “Aussie” would be interested in learning the dance of a different culture. Once she began learning about it, though, she found the culture fascinating, and the music intoxicating. Over the years she has been learning Middle Eastern Dance, it has gone from a hobby to a passion – her life is now devoted to helping other women discover the joy of dance. As Rachel says, “this dance is so rich! The more I learn, the more I discover remains to be learnt.”
Rachel holds a PhD in Science and worked in research for several years at the University of Sydney before deciding to dedicate herself to dance and dance teaching.